The Terps are 10.5 dogs tonight. A win while unlikely would not shock me. If we don’t cover, it will mean that we have a long way to go. I just hope that we can play with them for 40 minutes.
My plan is to come back and repost during the game. MVN has added a chat featureso feel free to chat with your fellow Turtle Soupers during the game.
So, I get off the plane in Florida for a few hard earned days of R and R. I get to the room, log in to the web, and what do I find? Parrish Brown in the starting lineup?? How did that happen? Mike Jones hits 9 three-pointers in the previous game and he doesn’t start the next time out?
This could only happen to Mike Jones. DJ Strawberry could impregnate Gary’s teenage daughter (if he had one) and would still start the next game. Why the double standard? Gary just treats MJ differently. From afar, MJ is far more talented, yet more fragile in terms of his psyche. If anything, Gary should coddle MJ more and try to build his confidence. I am not in practice everyday, but I just don’t understand this situation.To me, it is not fair.
I guess I am OK with the tinkering, as long as Gary figures it out over the next three games.
As for the game, we only won by 12. Although it appears we had decent separation with 15 minutes left. We led by as much as 17, but it hardly qualifies as a convincing win. Regardless, the first game after the layoff for Finals week is alway bad. They have three more games to get the lineup situated and then it’s on to the ACC season.
I am so sick of Finals week. I hated it when I was in school and I hate it as a basketball fan. They need to start playing again. Some more random thoughts:
– UVA just turned in a turd of a performance in the San Juan Shootout. Two losses and a “win‿ against University of Puerto Rico- Manayuega. Yeesh. They edged UPRM, 59-52. The Cavaliers don’t exactly look like a good road team, do they?
– Duke keeps squeaking by. A rousing 7-point victory against Kent State yesterday. The Blue Devils will have a losing streak of 3 or more games this year. It is a matter of time. The fall will happen and it will be hard. Josh McRoberts is not leading them anywhere.
– No one in the NFL respects the Baltimore Ravens (only 5 pro-bowlers?). That will change in the playoffs.
– Having Carmelo and J.R. Smith on your fantasy team at the same time is not looking like such a good idea anymore. Not only are they suspended, but the Nuggets just added a guy who takes 25 shots per game. Has anyone’s fantasy value deteriorated more quickly the Carmelo’s when an injury was not involved?
– Wake Forest produced Josh Howard, Chris Paul, and Tim Duncan. Maryland produced Steve Francis, Juan Dixon, and Joe Smith. Look at the NBA careers of those players. The Terps have two Final Fours, a National Championship and countless Sweet Sixteen appearances. Can someone explain this to me? Is Gary that good or that lucky? I want to say good.
– Is it me or does the college basketball landscape look decidedly average right now? No teams stand out to me as being particularly good. Every team just looks average. I have yet to see a team (besides Ohio State) that made me think that Maryland would get beaten soundly by them.